Make a difference in Uganda without ever boarding a plane.
- Dallas area: Office help, such as filing, materials preparation, and mailings at our administrative offices in Richardson, Texas.
- Nevada City, California: Help with or run in the Batwa Challenge 5K, which takes place annually in August. Volunteer on race day, or help in the months leading up to the event with mailings, marketing, and so on. Register here to run.
- Fill needs in marketing, graphic design, social networking, and IT from anywhere.
- We welcome one-time help with special projects or volunteers who can donate a few hours a month or week.
Share the Story
- Invite us – We have speakers available in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and in northern California. We are happy to consider sending speakers to other locations for larger events.
- Host an event – Invite people to an informal gathering to share the story and build support. We’ll equip you with various materials you’ll need to create a memorable event, including a PowerPoint presentation or video, handouts, and more.
- Get your group involved – Speak to your professional society, civic organization, place of worship, study group, or school. We’ll provide you with resources to make a simple presentation to share the plight of the Batwa and explain how people can get involved as a group or individually.
Batwa Baskets are hand-made by Batwa pygmy artisans with traditional African materials and techniques. Learn more about how to buy baskets, or set up a sale with your group or organization.
Guidelines for Events
Another way to help is to host events for the benefit of the Kellermann Foundation. Events are important to the Foundation’s efforts to raise funds and awareness of the work of the Kellermann Foundation as we provide “hope and health” to the displaced Batwa tribe of southwestern Uganda. Before planning an event, please read and sign our Third-Party Event Guidelines.